It’s not longer news that the internal crises rocking the embattled Nasarawa State Chapter of the All Progressive Congress (APC) is eating deeper by the day ahead of 2023 General Elections.
It may be recalled that the All Progressive Congress (APC) had a bad start both at the National (in Jos, Plateau State) and (in Toto LGA) Nasarawa state. The prophecy of “stone us, if we don’t perform” was fulfilled in Jos Plateau State whereas, chanting of “Ba muayin ku” meaning we don’t like you and we will not vote for your party was sang in Toto LGA, Nasarawa State against the APC during her official campaign flag-off for the 2023 General Elections and because of the continuous desertion from the party, it was forced to use school pupils to fill the venue of its rally on Tuesday, November 29th in Nasarawa Town, headquarters of Nasarawa LGA, as seen in a viral video that circulated online
3. As if these political blows are not enough, Nasarawa State Chapter of the broom party (APC) is faced with unprecedented intra party crises which is threatening its state wide Campaign tour amidstthe growing popularityof the opposition PDP and it’s GubernatorialcandidateDavid Ombugadu.
4. This battle is really giving the ruling APC in the state sleepless nights because none of the factions within its fold is ready to shield their sword nor give listening ears because everyday comes with new issues.
5. Obviously, the lingering issues are not unconnected to the aftermath of primary elections dust which took place amidst unprecedented irregularities all over. APC House of Assembly, HoR and Senate seats primary elections ended up in unmitugated crises leading to several litigations in Courts. As at Press time, Awe North, Keana, Obi, Lafia-North, Karu/Gitata, Akwanga-South State House of Assembly as well as; Lafia/Obi, Karu/Keffi/Kokona Federal Constituencies which led to the exit of the sitting Federal Law Makers of the Constituencies from the party as well senatorial holabalu in Northern and Western Senate seats. Tukur vs Magaji Court Case is truly a hard nut to crack for the APC in the state and the zone in particular.
6. The last straw that broke the back of the APC ongoing State Campaign activities was the face off between Hon. Tanko Tunga and Hon. Hudu A. Hudu faction in Awe LGA on Monday. The broom party is standing between a Devid and the deep blue sea (whether or not to continue) because the reason that led to the fight in Awe town is what awaits the APC trail in Keana.
7. It’s now glaring that Nigerians and Nasarawa masses are in dare need of purposeful leadership and transformation which is the hallmark of the PDP. Hence, the feelers and the reality on ground are clear parameters that PDP is on the verge of taking over in Nigeria and in Nasarawa State.
PDP Media and Publicity Committee