Lagos state Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has that disclosed that the death toll in Monday’s collapsed building located on Gerrard road Ikoyi, Lagos rose to 42 on Saturday even as the survivors also increased from nine to 15.
Sanwo-Olu disclosed this while giving an update on the sad incident.
The governor, while giving the update on the rescue operation ongoing at the scene, said additional six persons were rescued and are already receiving treatment at the Police Hospital in Falomo, Ikoyi.
The latest survivors include a 38-year-old woman, Glory Samson, Ndajor Ahmed, Yunusa Abubakar, Ajiboye Habib, Jeremiah Samson, and one man identified simply as Emem.
While most of them sustained varying degrees of injury, 20 year old Samson is said to be in a state of coma.
The governor also said that as of Saturday morning, 49 families had already filled the missing persons’ register made available by the government.